Monday, September 8, 2008

Kami and the antler stick

A couple of weeks ago, my two girls and I went to Karens' crowning in the city. After we had finished there we went to go see a cousin, her husband and their two girls that live near there.
The couple we went to see like to hunt and have deer heads on their walls and also have extra antlers too. The girls got to pet the deer and hold the antlers.
Today, Kami went outside in the back yard. I had to bring her back in so I could get ready for work. When I did, she had a stick in tow, just about as long as she is tall. It made a Y at one end and was fairly straight to the other. There was no bark left on it.
Before I would let her bring it in, I asked her to make sure she was nice with it-not exactly in those words-I asked her if she was to bring it in that she "would not hit her brother with the stick". That may sound funny to you, but that is exactly what I could forsee happening. Anyways, she proceeded to tell me "it's not a stick, it's a thing from an animal". Then it dawned on me what she thought it was. I said, "you mean an antler"? "Yes" she said.
I couldn't help but laugh and allowed her to bring it in the house. Unless Greg threw it out while he was home at lunch, it should still be there. Our antlers! I hope she doesn't ask for me to mount them on the wall!
What was the cutest thing is, she checked them out just like they were real antlers from a deer. She had found a treasure! Touching and feeling it, checking it over! What a discovery she made today. Also a little surprised she didn't want to take it to show and tell today for Pre-K.

What discoveries have YOU made today!

1 comments:

Gina said...

Cute story Kathy! That is the reason why I teach........so I can be surrounded by children and their "discoveries" all day! That is also why I want more of my own children! Thanks for sharing!