Saturday, July 12, 2008

Joys of a baby

The joys of a baby - it's so amazing to watch a baby grow and development new skills everyday. I love being a stay at home mother for this reason. My littlest one will be 7 months next Saturday and I am just blown away at how much she can already do. She can sit up on her own and she is trying so hard to crawl. She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth, and she is now pushing off her back legs. I know that it's going to be any day now and I will be chasing her around the house watching to make sure she doesn't get into everything. I have to start baby proofing the house. : ) So today was another exciting moment, she has said her first word "da da", my heart broke a little that it wasn't "ma ma" but it was a great moment for my husband. She is trying so hard to say it several times, she will whisper very quietly "da da, da da, da da". When I look at her and tell her "ma ma", she smiles and laughs. It's cute! Well, I know my day will come soon enough when she says "ma ma", so I will just keep encouraging her until then. Well she got it down finally and can say it without whispering, check out this video below.

2 comments:

Gina said...

She is precious! Relish every moment! Parenting is hard work, but full of such immeasurable joy!

Kathy said...

VERY CUTE!!!