Thursday, July 24, 2008

GONE…..To Peru


Ok, today a group from our church left for Peru. That is awesome and I am so excited for them except for the fact that my one and only went with them!!! Brandon was really excited about this trip! I am glad he is getting to go however, 10 whole days!! They have barely been gone 7 hours and I have sent 7 texts. I’m not sure if it’s the 10 days or leaving the country that bothers me the most (probably both). He has been gone more this summer than any other: 7 days – Boy’s State, 5 days – OBU Basketball camp, day trips etc. but 10 days will really stretch the limits.

Now you have to realize that Brandon is an only child and he does say that we are overly obsessed with him, but this will be a good dry run for the near future. I think this makes me start to realize that he will eventually leave for good. EMPTY NEST Big Time!! This school year will be his senior year with OSU looming in the background. Now more than ever I'm thinking, I should have had more children!!
Hindsight is 20/20.

We had such a great carefree junior year in high school. Now all the planning for the future must begin! Not quite ready for it yet. With everything to look forward to during the Senior year, everyone tells me that it will fly by. Not looking forward to that either!

Well, I have come to the conclusion that children really are a blessing from God and you must love and enjoy them while you have them in your home. So young mothers take note, the daily struggles and frustrations of childhood do quickly pass and as mothers our purpose in life is to raise them so they can spread their wings and soar into adulthood!

I’ll let you know how I hold up these next 10 days!

10 comments:

Debbye said...

I think of all the experiences of motherhood, the one I was least prepared for was what I call "the launch." It is a crazy exciting gut wrenching ride that goes on and on it seems.

I will pray for you these ten days Lynn. Trusting God with your babies when they go far away is a real challenge for a mom's heart.

ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME? said...

Incredible......God blesses us with a child that when we bring them home from the hospital we say...."can i do this?" and before we know it - we are shopping for their dorm items.....
Lynn - enjoy this time. It is a blessing for us to have watched Brandon grow up and mature but still have a "fun kid" in everything he does. It has been a tremendous blessing, especially to Phil, to see his heart and passion for God grow and mature into a burning passion for God.
This trip to Peru will be life changing for him and an incredible experience before he begins his senior year. He will experience and prove for himself that the God he was raised to serve - is HIS God, God will use HIM, God will speak to HIM and he will find God in his quiet moments, his un-sure moments and his ministry moments...all for HIMSELF....
What a an incredible lesson he will learn and experience this - probably the most important one of his senior year.
Yes its true - don't blink or this year will be over before you know it....how true that is. But take this time to enjoy watching him mature, show himself as an adult, come to you with his joys and goals, run to you with his fears or insecurities....and it will be amazing how the Lord will and has prepared you for this time too...at times it won't be easy...but as He promises....His grace is sufficient...and will guide you through this chapter of Brandons journey.
I have been so blessed to have watched Brandon grow and mature into the incredible young man he is and for Phil - he is just bursting with pride to see the passion Brandon has for God...wow!
Mimi would and is proud!
We love him and are praying for him on this trip and can't wait to see how this year will be his best ever....what a launching pad for the next chapter in this incredible life.
With love
Jan
or Aunt Jan - brandons favortie aunt!

Kathy said...

I knew Brandon was gettin up there, but didn't realize this would be his last year. The experience will be good all around. If you need some little ones to hang around with, if even just for 10 minutes, call me, and you can hang out at our house for a bit while my kids go in whirl winds, riding their bikes to playing on the swingset.

I can understand a little. When I took Jakob to 3rd grade, it made me realize he was growing up so quick-he would be 1/2 way through elementary school. I wanted to cry and I didn't his first day of Pre-K. I forgot he was growing up on me, I still had Kami who was 2 and Jaden under 1.

Lynn said...

Debbye: thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure this is small potatoes when it comes to your children getting married and leaving home for good. I'm sure we will need to talk alot more this time next year.

Jan: Wow, what a great impartation! With your two lovely daughters leaving for college in a couple of weeks, you must be feeling these same feelings, only more intense than me. You guys have raised these girls in the fear and admonition of the Lord and they are ready to change the world! MiMi would be proud of all her grandchildren. Hey, Brandon just called and I got to talk to him for 2 minutes 9 seconds. Everything is great and he is having a blast. Love you ttyl

Kathy:
You are defintely the BOMB Mom. I don't know anyone that is as patient and together with four little ones as you except for Kate Gosselin of Jon and Kate plus Eight. Your nest won't be empty for years to come ENJOY!!!

constance said...

uh oh, does this mean i should have a third!?!?! lol. brandon is lucky (as i am) he has an amazing mom!

Marilyn said...

Lynn,

God knew what He was doing when He gave Brandon to you and Scott. You both are amazing parents! Brandon makes my heart sing. It has been so much fun working with him and helping him to experience some of his ministry FIRST'S I am looking forward to this year and plan to be one of his biggest cheerleaders at the OBA games.

Lynn said...

Marilyn, We are so so blessed that Brandon is being mentored by you and our pastoral staff. There are none better anywhere! We are very excited about the upcoming basketball season. Maybe the boys will press more towards the goal this season! lol

Lynn said...

Constance, Thanks for the props. You do have an amazing mom! Amazing moms produce amazing moms like yourself. Maybe you should have a daughter to carry on the tradition!!

Lynn said...

Constance, Thanks for the props. You do have an amazing mom! Amazing moms produce amazing moms like yourself. Maybe you should have a daughter to carry on the tradition!!

Kathy said...

Have you heard from Brandon and the group yet? How are they doing, if so? Can't wait to hear!