Friday, August 8, 2008

Almost Done Paperchasing!

I got a call yesterday from the CIS (Citizenship and Immigration Services) telling me they approved our adoption and that our most important adoption document, the I-171H, will be in the mail to me next week after going through 2 more people! Yeah! On Monday, the 18, Brian and I will head to OKC to get our birth certificates and take all our documents to be certified by the Secretary of State. Then we can mail the dossier (fancy term for adoption paperwork or your life story) to AWAA, our adoption agency. They will then get it authenticated in Washington and finally it will head to Ethiopia!!! If all goes well, I believe we will have our paperwork in Ethiopia by the end of the month!!!!! This means our official wait begins! Right now the wait for a baby boy referral is 5 to 7 months. It very well can fluctuate, but hopefully it won't too much! Once you get your referral, it is another 2 to 3 months before you travel. We are overjoyed, but yet a little reserved simply because we know anything can change. We will choose to trust God and not worry about it. Easier said than done, but I am really trying!! Whew, they don't call it a paper pregnancy for nothing! I think my actual pregnancy was easier than my paper pregnancies have been!! Well, I just wanted to update you and give you a glimpse into life on the adoption front. As for the other part of our lives, Brian has been to Colorado and Kansas on business, and Baylee and I have been gearing up for school. I officially reported back today and Baylee has been a great helper. Summer flew by! Glenwood playground sure looks awesome thanks to Enid 1st Assembly and all the wonderful volunteers that helped lay mulch! It is very much appreciated! On behalf of my fellow teachers, thank you very much!!

6 comments:

Nina said...

Gina, glad to hear that things are going good. We will continue to pray that the transition goes smooth. Thanks for the update and best of luck to you this year at school.

Kathy said...

Definately sounds like ALL 4 of my pregnancies were easier than this also!!!
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your adoption. It is a trying time...we have done 4 international adoptions. I must say that no matter how difficult the paperwork and waiting and worrying are, it is nothing compared to the joy our kiddos have brought us! Hang in there and take some good advice from Paul :"keep your eye on the prize!"

Anonymous said...

Hi, the above post is mine...Kerry, I am not trying to be anonymous!!!!

Leslee said...

Wow, in just about 9 months you'll have a brand new addition to your family!!

Trish Pitts said...

How exciting! The Lord has carefully planned and chose a beautiful angel to be an addition to your family! Now it's just a matter of patience before you can kiss their beautiful face!! I am very happy for you and will pray everything works out perfectly! YAY!