Monday, June 23, 2008

COLORADO HERE WE COME!!!!!! Fishing last summer! This is the beautiful scene I have looked at since I was 5 years old!



NEWS AND OTHER STUFF!

We got approved for a concurrent adoption!!! We are very excited! We pray that we get our paperwork before we leave for Colorado Friday, so that we can get it in the mail and get the ball rolling! In the meantime, we are busy, busy this week preparing for our camping trip. It takes a lot of work to go on vacation, especially to go camping!! Oh, but it's worth it! My family enjoys it so much! My daughter is the 4th generation Colorado camper in our family. We meet my parents there every June and make lots of wonderful memories! I will be making goodies for our trip on Thursday. Here is a recipe I think you will enjoy:

Cocoa Puff Cookies
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1/4 cup honey
Bring ingredients to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in:
12 oz. chunky (or smooth) peanut butter
4 cups Cocoa Puffs cereal
Mix well by hand. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool.
Enjoy!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and proclaiming "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

2 comments:

Nina said...

Gina, congrats on the concurrent adoption. I am so excited for you guys, can't wait to see what God has in store for you. Have a great time on your trip, be safe, and have lots of fun.

Kathy said...

I am excited for ALL of you! With the adoption and with the fun and exciting trip comming up. Have a great time and blog us some photos when you get back.