Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gift Series

he Christmas Season is here!

Enid First Assembly is ready to take action.

Our church is kicking off the second installment of the GIFTS series this weekend! Pastor Dan and Pastor BJ's sermons will reflect the topics of The Purpose of Christmas written by The Purpose Driven Life's, Rick Warren. They will share with us the true story of Christmas and get us back to its original and central focus; the birth o Jesus.
In conjunction with the GIFTS series, the church will support local service organizations and give back to the community through various projects over the next three weeks. The goal is to get outside the four walls of the church and give back to the community. The church will focus on two projects next week: Horn of Plenty and Salvation Army. More information to come this weekend!
The staff hopes everyone is as excited about this holiday season as they are. If we all do our part, the outcome will be amazing! This can truly be a Christmas that not only our families will never forget, but many other less fortunate ones as well. The church hopes you'll get involved this holiday season!

"Tonight was a great service (Thanks BJ), it made me really think about the real meaning behind Christmas again. I have finished my holiday shopping and now am trying to focus on wrapping the gifts. It's hard sometimes not to get caught up in all the craziness of the gift giving. It's time to remember why we have Christmas and to be thankful for what we have, for the life God gave us and to bless others in the process. Terry and I already filled a basket for the food drive and it was a great feeling to know that we are helping some family this holiday season. With my past job in working for OKDHS, I know how many families struggle with day to day finances, let alone trying to come up with extra money for a Christmas dinner and gifts for their children. So I encourage you this season to bless someone and take the church challenge. I promise you God will bless you for the blessings you store upon others."
of T

2 comments:

Leslee said...

We have barely begun our Christmas shopping. Usually by this time of year I'm mostly done shopping, wrapping and and decorating. However this year with me being unemployeed for almost 5 months money has been too tight to preshop. I think most of the presents we give will be from Hastings this year. HA HA!

This is a great series. I watched The Ultimate Gift recently and was reminded of the gifts that really matter. This series is helping me remember God's Ultimate Gift and my response to it.

Gina said...

I agree BJ did an awesome job last night. I am so thankful to be a part of a hands-on church. It has really stretched me. Terry is a wonderful pastor too. He has so touched Baylee's heart. She has been saving money for a few months for a video game, and has enough now, but she has decided on her own to help the less fortunate instead. I am very proud of her.