Friday, December 5, 2008

Books By Mail

So I'm totally in a reading frenzie these days. Today I started The Shack by William Young which is a man who spends a couple of days with God in, you guessed it, a shack. Anyway, just finished the forward and am looking forward to getting started with this book.

Seeing as how up until tonight I was unemployeed I didn't exactly have a lot of money just hanging around for me to spend on books. I tried the local library. I wish our library had more current titles available. I had a list of half a dozen books when I went in there and was not able to find a single one. Then my brilliant, smart,and wonderful friend Abby Normal (you know how I love to protect the names of the innocent) suggested this website called Paperspine.com.

It is wonderful. It's like Netflicks, but for books. You sign up for how many books you want to recieve at a time and then for a monthly fee you they'll send the books on your queue for you to read. You read them and send them back in the postage paid envelopes and a few days later you get another book! How cool is that!

The ONLY part that is horrid is the days you have to wait while books are in the mail. But I guess that's the reason you should sign up for 2 or more books. That way you're reading the next book while you're waiting for the one that's in the mail.

This system is SO much easier then spending $80 a week for a half dozen books that barely last you a month and then take up a ton of space in your house. Now if you get a book that you fall in love with and never ever ever want to part with you just email the company and tell them what book you just have to keep forever and they'll let you know how much it'll cost ya, if you're ok with that they'll just charge your card and you live happily ever after.

The End.

6 comments:

Nina said...

Thanks for the tip, that's awesome. I will have to check the site out sometime. I like to read, just don't find time - but Terry loves to read.

Leslee said...

They have gift subscriptions too!

Gina said...

I love to read too. During the school year, I only read children's books! I read a ton of them, but during the summer, I catch up on adult books. I don't read adult books during the school year because I won't go to bed, I will just read.......and while I could get away with that in my 20's, I can't function w/o sleep now in my 30's! I read the Shack this past summer. It was very different, but I loved it. Sure gives you something to think about! You will have to recommend some more books for me to read this summer! I will definately have to check out that site too! Books are about the only thing I frivously spend money on. It is my weakness, like clothes, shoes, or purses are to most normal women. I could possibly start a new library available for the residents of Enid. Ha!

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

Leslee,
I accidentally posted the same comment 3 times! Sorry! I deleted 2 of them! Gina