Monday, November 3, 2008

Simplicity

It is hard to believe it's November! As we enter into the holiday season, let's not forget to remember one little word: simplicity. It is so easy to get swept away in the busyness and stress that the holidays can bring, but let's not forget to enjoy the wonder it can also bring. I don't know about you, but I love this time of year! I always have to remind myself though to slow down, breathe, and take it all in. In my home life, there is Christmas shopping to do, cards to mail, dinners to help plan and make, and most importantly memories to make with my loved ones. I work hard to balance it all. As for my school life, I still have so much to teach, but I also get swept away in all the fun holiday things to do with my students. The problem is sometimes I make myself crazy trying to fit in all the necessary things along with the fun things. This only creates stress and steals the joy! I once again have to simplify and balance it! I thought I would share a couple of quotes about simplicity that I am going to be reading a lot in the next 2 months!

Prescription for a happier and healthier life: resolve to slow down your pace; learn to say no gracefully; resist the temptation to chase after more pleasure, more hobbies, and more social entanglements. James Dobson

Nobody is going to simplify your life for you. You've got to simplify things for yourself.
Marie T. Freeman

2 comments:

Leslee said...

this will be my firt year as a stay at home during the holidays. I'm really exicted to see just how much i actually get done. You know... it's hard to tear myself away from playing with the baby all day!

Nina said...

I agree, this will also be my first year as a stay at home mother during the holidays, plus I will soon be planning my baby's first birthday party, almost 5 weeks away. I guess the bright thing is at least I won't be delivering a baby this holiday season. : )